A lot has been happening on the Web site this past month, and this includes a whole group of new culture videos. Take a look HERE. Other updates are plans include:
- developing more cloze or gap-fill exercises to go along with my listening activities. Here are some examples:
- adding more new listening activities that should keep you laughing and learning as in this example, Souvenir Shop, with my daughter, Aubrey.
- adding more pictures to the pre-listening exercises to stimulate more conversation before learners listen to the conversation as in this example on Meeting Singles.
- considering bringing back the Learning Tips section of my site which had short recordings on tips for learning and living abroad.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have ideas or comments.
With many students and teachers returning to a new school session or semester, I want to update you on changes to the site as well as some basic tips on how to use the site better:
- Review the video tutorials that help you understand the design and history of the site.
- Print out the ESL Study Handouts that can be very helpful to teachers and students.
- Create a study plan by using my Self-Study Guide. You can select listening and video activities by topic.
- Check out the over 300+ vocabulary quizzes that go with the listening activities. These are designed to review the key vocabulary in my conversations.
- Check out some of my newest culture videos to which I will be adding more this month.
- Contact me with an idea or suggestion for new listening activities.
- Visit my Facebook page where I post other learning tips and ideas.
I look forward to creating more new content during the last part of this year.
Well, the new Web site has been up for about three weeks, and I have heard a lot of useful feedback, specifically on what teachers and students find most useful for their learning. One of the projects that is almost complete are the ESL Vocabulary Quizzes HERE that people have enjoyed over the years—about 350 of them!!
I have also been adding into the lessons the idioms section that teachers and students found useful, and you can see these near the topic of most listening activities.
Feel free to contact me if you have more questions or ideas.
I want to welcome you to the new Web site design of Randall’s ESL Cyber listening Lab. I’m excited to move forward with a new chapter in the 21-year history of my online listening learning center, and I look forward to meeting the interests and needs of learners and teachers for years to come. I suggest checking the new video tutorials HERE to learn more about the site.
Since the Web site is just being released, there are certainly things to tweak and fix. Please CONTACT ME if you run across something.
Changes I still am working on include:
- Adding the the previous idioms into each listening activity.
- Revising the old vocabulary quizzes to see if they can be included again. The old were based on an old format that wasn’t compatible with mobile devices.
- Verifying that all of the audio files go with the correct listening activities.
- Checking to make sure all of the correct answers appear for each listening quiz.