What are the advantages and disadvantages of having cats as pets?
Here are some words and expressions that appear in the video:
cuddle (verb): hold close as a way of showing affection
– I cuddled the new puppy because it was afraid of the wind outside.
foresee (verb): know about something before it happens
– We didn’t foresee the amount of time and money it would take to care for our dog.
monitor (verb): watch a situation carefully
– We had to monitor our dog carefully because he had lost his appetite.
wrestle with something (verb): try to solve a difficult issue
– How long did you have to wrestle with the cat’s medical issues before you figured out the problem?
snuggle (up/with) (verb): move close for warmth and affection
– The young boy snuggled up to his mother as he fell asleep.
Now, watch the interview and answer the comprehension questions. You can also turn on the automatically-generated captions for the video once you start it.
What have been your experiences in owning a pet (for example, dog, cat, bird, or another animal)? What did you like most about having this animal? What challenges were there in caring for it as well?