What cooking tips can you recommend for preparing these items?
Here are some words and expressions that appear in the video:
along/in a similar (same) vein (expression): in the same way
– These books are written in the same vein as the ones you have on your bookshelf. They deal with very similar topics.
– Not all classes are taught in the same vein. Our teachers have many different teaching approaches and styles.
Bolognese sauce (noun): a type of Italian sauce for pasta
– This Bolognese sauce is very rich. Where did you learn how to make it?
versatile (adjective): having many uses or applications
– These ingredients are very versatile, and you can use them in a variety of cuisines.
– This pot is a versatile cooking instrument. You can cook almost anything in it.
Now, watch the interview and answer the comprehension questions. You can also turn on the automatically-generated captions for the video once you start it.
Many students who live away from home don’t have much money to spend on food. What are some suggestions on buying and preparing food for convenience sake? Consider ideas for cooking rice, meat, vegetables, and any beverage.