[Back to Quiz | Text Completion Quiz]
Listen to the conversation again by pressing the Play Audio button and read along with the conversation. Review the
and the sample sentences.
[ Other Audio Option: Play Window Media ]
Hi. My name's Greg, and I'm originally from Denver, Colorado, but my family moved to Arizona when I was about 3, so I grew up there. I graduated from high school about three years ago, and I am currently attending a university in my city. I'm a junior, and I am majoring in economics with a minor in Spanish. I also work part time as a cashier at a grocery store. Life is really busy, but I enjoy hiking, reading, and hanging out with friends in my free time. When I graduate, I want to work for a company in this area.
- originally (adverb): in the beginning, in the first place
- My mom is originally from a small town in Texas.
- currently (adverb): now, at this time
- She is currently working as a server at a restaurant.
- attend (verb): go to
- I want to attend a school near my family.
- junior (noun): third-year student
- He is only a junior, so he has another year to graduate.
- major in (verb): have as one's main field of study
- I'm thinking about majoring in restaurant and hotel management.
- cashier (noun): a person who receives and pays out money at a store
- Kathy found a job as a cashier at a restaurant.
- grocery store (noun): supermarket
- My brother works full time as the manager of a grocery store.
- hang out (phrasal verb): spend time with, socialize
- We usually hang out with friends after school.
Now, do these exercises to review the vocabulary. Then, return back to the Post-Listening Exercise to use the vocabulary in real conversations.
Randall's Sites: Daily ESL | ESL Blog | EZSlang | Train Your Accent | Tips For Students | Hiking In Utah