What were (are) your favorite classes in high school or in college? Explain the qualities of a great class.
Here are some words and expressions that appear in the video:
footnotes (noun): a note placed at the bottom of a page in an essay
– I have to add several footnotes to my essay to provide additional context to the topic
entertaining (adjective): enjoyable, amusing
– The play was very entertaining, and I couldn’t stop laughing.
fascinating (adjective): extremely interesting
– The teacher gives fascinating lectures, and I never fall asleep in her class.
heavy-duty (adjective): strong, not easily damaged, serious
– You might need a heavy-duty backpack to carry around your books and computer on campus.
– He is a real heavy-duty thinker, and we always get into deep conversations.
Now, watch the interview and answer the comprehension questions. You can also turn on the automatically-generated captions for the video once you start it.
Imagine that you have the choice of taking three elective classes at college. Which would you choose from this list and why?