General Listening Quiz
|intermediate||moving company||man – woman||03:06|
Moving from place to place can take a lot of preparation: packing your items, choosing a moving company if you aren’t going to do it yourself, renting a storage unit for extra items, and renting or buying a new place to live. Think and talk about a time when you or your family moved to a different place. What was it like?
“had better get moving” = to need to leave or depart
“Hey. We’d better get moving, or we will miss the movie. It starts in 15 minutes.”
“move away” = to leave your home to live somewhere else
“Our daughter decided to move away (from home) and attend a college in a different city.”
A. Listen to the recording and answer the questions.
Do the vocabulary quizzes with the words from the conversation for more practice:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a company to move your belongings to a new residence? What have been your experiences in moving? What adjective best describes your experience:
Find a moving company on the Internet and answer these questions:
- What packing and unpacking options does the company provide?
- Will the company tow your vehicle, and if so, how much will it cost?
- Does the company provide additional services such as setting up your own entertainment center or cleaning your place?
- What insurance do they provide if something is damaged during the move?
- Will they take apart and put together furniture such as a bed or desk at your new location?