General Listening Quiz
|intermediate||identity theft protection||man – woman||01:32|
Identity theft is a rising problem, and as a result, there are some of the dangers of using the Internet when you shop for things like clothing, electronics, or other personal items?
“steal someone’s heart” = cause someone to fall in love
“James stole Maria’s heart with his powerful romantic music on his guitar.”
“five-finger discount” = shoplift or steal good from a store
“Brian said he got a five-finger discount on his shoes, but that was completely wrong. He should return them.”
A. Listen to the recording and answer the questions.
Do the vocabulary quizzes with the words from the conversation for more practice:
Which of these things would you do or not do on the Internet? Explain your ideas:
- Buy a car
- Rent a car
- Make a reservation for a hotel room
- Find someone to date and marry
- Order a pizza
- Pay government taxes
- Purchase clothing
Use the Internet to find out tips on these topics:
- What are the warning signs of an Internet scam?
- What things can you do to protect yourself from such danger?
- What should you do if you become a victim of identity theft?
- What Web site services exist to protect consumers from identity theft?