English Culture Videos
“Animal Care in Public”
Instructions: Watch this video on animal care and answer the questions. Then, read the script at the bottom of the page.
Online Investigations and Discussion Questions
Use the Internet to find the answers to these questions about dogs. Be sure to explain your answers:
- Where is the best place to find a good dog in your area? In the newspaper, at a shelter, from a friend, at a pet store?
- How do you train a dog to become a good walker with you outside?
- How do you go about house training a dog?
- What are the best ways to introduce your dog to other family pets?
- What is the average lifespan of a dog?
Hi, I’m Randall, and one of the things that Americans enjoy most are their animals: their dogs, their cats, and uh, right behind me is a park. And I always tell people if they’re going to take their animals to a park, to keep in mind three things.
Number one: take a leash. Make sure that you can control your animal because a lot of times, children are scared of animals.
Number two: take a plastic bag because if your animal poops somewhere, you need to pick it up.
And number three, if a child wants to approach your animal and pet it, make sure that you know the temperament of your dog because some children might be afraid, and it might startle the animal.