General Listening Quiz
“A Day at School”
|easy||education||man – boy||01:35|
Describe a normal school day in the life of a student in your country including hours, class subjects, meals, rules, dress, and extra-curricular activities. What options are there in your country to take online classes through distance learning, even for children?
“crack the books” = start studying
“The reason why he isn’t doing very well is that he rarely cracks the books.”
“Although some of my daughter’s friends cut class a lot, she is at school every day.”
A. Listen to the interview and answer the questions.
Try this activity to practice the vocabulary from the conversation:
What thing did you most enjoy about your school life in your country? Talk with a partner. Explain and discuss some of these topics:
- the length of the school year
- a typical day at school
- teacher and student interaction
- extra activities after school
Use the Internet to learn about the school system in another country and find the answers to these questions:
- How do students get to school?
- Do students meet inside a building or outside?
- What subjects do students learn each day?
- What time does school start and end?
- What do students eat for lunch? Is it something they bring with them, or does the school have a cafeteria?
- How many students are in a class?