General Listening Quiz
|easy||family activities||man – young girl||01:05|
“keep an eye on” = watch carefully
“Be sure to keep an eye on the kids so they don’t get too close to the river.”
“homesick” = sad at being away from home or things that are familiar
“My roommate is really homesick and can’t think about anything else but his mom’s cooking.”
A. Listen to the recording and answer the questions.
Do the vocabulary quizzes with the words from the conversation for more practice:
Talk about your family with a partner using some of these questions:
- How many people are in your family?
- What do your parents do?
- What kinds of activities does your family do together?
- What is one thing you like or dislike about your family?
Choose a country you want to visit. Use the internet and find three favorite games that children play there. Answer these questions:
- What is the name of the game?
- Do you play this game inside or outside?
- What are some basic rules of the game?
- How many people can play at one time?
- How do you win?