What things are important to you in choosing a university program? Here are some ideas. Pick the top five points and discuss them with a partner.
- types of majors and degrees
- reputation of programs
- quality of teachers
- activities and campus environment
- campus facilities
- financial aid opportunities
- admission rate
- graduation rate
- job placement results
Listen to the recording and choose the best answer to each question or statement. Then, review the script to this listening activity at the bottom of the page.
Discuss what you want to study at a college or university and what kind of job you want to have in the future? If you have already graduated from college, then describe your choice of schools and share your experiences as a student there.
(Correct choice in underlined.)
- What Sarah’s your major? >>> A. She really like school. OR B.She’s studying Spanish.
- How many credits are you talking? >>> A. About 16 credits right now. OR B. I need 10 more credits to graduate.
- This class is really difficult. >>>> A. Oh, how come? OR B. When is your class?
- The final test is going to be next Friday. >>> A. That’s good to know. OR B. Yes, it was very short.
- When are you going to enroll in classes? >>>> A. I dropped classes last week. OR B. I’m going to register next week.