Telling time is a part of our everyday lives, from opening and closing hours of stores to office schedules and doctor appointments. This activity will help you learn to tell time and understand it in different situations.
Listen to the recording and answer the questions. Then, review the script to this listening activity at the bottom of the page.
Use the Internet to answer these questions. Share your answers with a partner:
- What are the visiting hours for the Eiffel Tower in Paris?
- When does the last elevator go up to the 102nd Floor Observatory in the Empire State Building in New York City?
- When does the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican City, Italy, close to the public?
- When is Niagara Falls open every Tuesday?
- ________________________________ (your own question and answer)
- Our class begins at four fifteen. (4:15)
- My mother left this morning at nine thirteen. (9:13)
- I’m going to catch my bus at twenty to four. (3:40)
- Let’s get together at five after twelve. (12:05)
- The store closes today at a quarter to six. (5:45)
- The movie starts at seven forty. (7:40)
- She called this morning at ten past ten. (10:10)
- Their plane arrives at a quarter to twelve. (11:45)
- Please come to my office at eight oh five. (8:05)
- I have to work at half past three. (3:30)