As a basic rule, people PLAY activities that use a ball (chess is special), people use GO with activities that end in -ing, and people DO activities such as martial arts and other exercise.
pool / billiards
Listen to the recording and choose the best response to each question or statement. Then, review the script to this listening activity at the bottom of the page.
Talk about your favorite recreational activity and answer these questions:
- What is your favorite activity or sport?
- How many times a week do you do this activity?
- Where do you do this activity?
- Do you do this alone or with someone else?
- What do you like most about this activity?
(Correct choice in underlined.)
- What do you do in your free time? >>> A. I like to read and watch movies. OR B. I sometimes have free time.
- I really enjoyed the soccer game yesterday. >>> A. Yeah. It was fun. OR B. I like soccer, too.
- How often do you exercise before school? >>>> A. For about two hours. OR B. I run at the school.
- What is your favorite sport? >>>> A. I like sports. OR B. I really like basketball.
- Hiking is a fun activity. >>>> A. I think so, too. OR B. I do, too.