It is easy to meet and make friends if you understand, and use, their names.
- Boys Names: Aaron, Adam, Andrew, Brandon, Brian, Chad, Charles, Christopher, Daniel, David, Derek, Dustin, Eric, Jacob, John, Joseph, Joshua, Justin, Kevin, Mark, Matthew, Michael, Nathan, Paul, Richard, Robert, Ryan, Scott, Shawn, Stephen, Thomas, Timothy, Travis, William
- Girls Names: Amanda, Amber, Amy, Andrea, Angela, April, Ashley, Christina, Courtney, Crystal, Danielle, Emily, Erica, Erin, Heather Jamie, Jennifer, Jessica, Julie, Katherine, Katie, Kelly, Kimberly, Kristin, Laura, Lauren, Lisa, Maria, Mary, Megan, Melissa, Michelle, Nicole, Rachel, Sara (Sarah), Shannon, Stephanie, Tara, Tiffany
Listen to the recording and answer the questions. Then, review the script to this listening activity at the bottom of the page.
Introduce yourself to a partner and find out the names of the people in his or her family. Do any of their names have any special meaning in their native languages? Use the Internet and search under “baby names” or other similar keywords to help you.
- Hi. My name’s Josh.
- I want you to meet my sister, Amy.
- All of my friends call me Mike.
- The teacher’s name is Daniel Smith.
- Amanda is sixteen years old.
- Do you know where Paul is?
- Nicole’s birthday is on Friday.
- Is your roommate’s name Randall? I can’t remember.
- Lauren was born in Los Angeles but she grew up in Texas.
- Before he graduated from college, Ted traveled around Europe for three weeks.