Basic English Quiz
Many people go to the movies to relax and enjoy their favorite pictures. What kinds of movies do you like to see and why? Do you buy any snacks at the concession stand at the movie theater? Why or why not?
Listen to the recording and choose the best response for each question. Then, review the script to this listening activity at the bottom of the page.
Think of a time when you went to see a movie at a theater. What movie did you watch? Why did you like or dislike the movie? Did you buy any snacks at the theater to eat during the movie?
- Have you seen this movie before? (No. I haven’t.)
- When do you want to see the movie? (How about 7:00 O’Clock?)
- Where’s the movie playing? (Downtown at the mall.)
- Have you read any reviews about the movie? (Not yet, but I heard it’s good.)
- Do you want any popcorn for the movie? (Don’t bother. The line at the concessions is too long.)
- Don’t forget to turn off your cell phone before the movie starts. (Oh, thanks for reminding me.)
- How did you like the movie? (It was okay, but it wasn’t fantastic.)
- How much is a movie ticket for tonight’s 9:00 O’Clock showing? (I think it’s around $7.00.)
- Is this seat fine? (Well, actually, I’d rather sit more in the middle.)
- How long is the movie? (It runs about two hours.)