Basic English Quiz
What kinds of food, drink, and activities do people prepare or have for a major holiday or event in your country? Here are some examples:
- a birthday party
- a wedding
- a New Year’s Party
- a major religious holiday
Listen by pressing the Play button. Then, select the best response for each sentence or question.
Example: (You hear): How many people are in your family?
You see these responses: A. Four people. OR B. They don’t live year.
The best response is A. Four people.
Talk about a holiday party you had during this year. What did you do? Who was at the party? What did you eat?
(Correct choice in underlined.)
- What time does the party start? >>> A. It begins at 7:00 p.m.OR B. It was a great party.
- How many are coming to the party? >>> A. About 20 people are coming. OR B. About 30 people came.
- Should I bring something to eat? >>>> A. The chips were great. OR B. Sure. Could you get some chips?
- Wow. This food is great. >>>> A. Thanks. It was fun to make. OR B. Thanks. I did it, too.
- Hey. Let’s play some games. >>>> A. When did you do that? OR B. That’s a great idea.