Choosing the right language school for your might depend on your goals, the cost, the school’s reputation, and the types of classes that are offered. If you know how to ask questions about these topics, you will be able a good decision about different programs.
Listen to the recording and answer the questions that you hear. The first questions have some of the words to help you. Then, review the script to this listening activity at the bottom of the page.
Imagine you have decided to study English in a foreign country. What questions would you ask the program where you want to study? Consider questions about cost, the classes, the quality of instructors, the materials/books they use, and the facilities.
- Do you offer classes in the evening? (Yes, we do. They begin at 7:00 p.m.)
- How can I register for classes? (You can do that online on our Website.)
- Do you have a description of your courses? (Here. Take a look at this information.)
- How long is each class? (Each class lasts 70 minutes.)
- Where can I buy the textbook for the class? (You can get it at the bookstore.)
- How many students are in each class? (There are about 15 students per class.)
- How often does the class meet? (The class meets three times a week.)
- Excuse me. Could you tell me when classes begin? (They start next Monday.)
- What should I do if I get sick and miss a class? (You ought to call the office)
- How much is the tuition? (It’s $1,900 for each semester.)