Basic English Quiz
What are the most important things to you when you choose an airline (for example, company name, price, reviews, travel destinations, inflight services and entertainment, seat selection)?
Listen by pressing the Play button. Then, select the best response for each sentence or question.
Example: (You hear): How many people are in your family?
You see these responses: A. Four people. OR B. They don’t live year.
The best response is A. Four people.
Use the Internet and find out how much a flight costs to one or more of these places or destinations.
- New York City
- Tokyo, Japan
- Paris, France
- Lima, Peru
- London, England
- Shanghai, China
- Vienna, Austria
- Rome, Italy
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Madrid, Spain
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Bangkok, Thailand
(Correct choice in underlined.)
- How much does a ticket cost to New York City? >>> A. It costs $690. OR B. It’s going to cost $690.
- When does the plane leave tomorrow? >>> A. It left today at noon. OR B. It departs at 3:15 p.m.
- Could I get a window seat? >>>> A. Sure. We have two available. OR B. I’m sorry. All aisle seats are taken.
- Excuse me. I think you’re in my seat. >>>> A. Oh, you’re right. Sorry. OR B. Yes, this is a good seat.
- I’m sorry, but that bag is too big to carry on the plane. >>>> A. Okay. What should I do? OR B. I like my bag, too.