“Adsense: Making Money Online”
Have you ever heard of Adsense? If not, it is one service that allows you to make money online. However, what questions or concerns do you have about making money using the Internet? Is it safe and effective? How do affiliate marketing programs work? Write down your ideas before you listen to this short news program on Adsense. This news program is not affiliated at all with the actual program, but only provided as information.
“earn one’s keep” = make enough money to pay one’s living expenses
“I don’t make a lot of money, but I make enough to earn my keep.”
“squirrel away” = to hide money for future use
“My wife squirreled away enough money over the years to buy a new car.”
A. Listen to the recording and answer the questions.
Is making money important to you? If so, explain your reasons. Then, find out more information about Adsense and compare this program to other online money-making services. What are the benefits of using Adsense or similar programs? Are there any potential drawbacks as well? Is making money quick always that easy? Consider the options and discuss them with a friend or classmate.
You can spend just five minutes on the Internet, and you will quickly find products and services that promise you quick money with very little effort. However, is making money just that easy? Search the Internet for a Web site that appears to promise great returns. Analyze the information and try to determine whether its claims are actually true. Questions to help you might include:
- Is there clear and detailed information about the owner of the Web site so you can contact the person or organization easily?
- Does the Web site promoting a product seem to promise too much with very little effort on your part?
- Does the Web site try to lure you to purchase something, saying that it is a limited-time offer for a limited number of people?
- Can you get your money back easily if you are not satisfied?
- Are their online reviews of the Web site that detail other people’s experiences with the company in question (and not just testimonials on the product’s Web site)?