1. Download one of the RealProducer G2 Production Tools (RealProducer G2, RealProducer Plus G2, RealProducer Pro)
Other tools for other needs and systems.
2. Prepare audio file in acceptable formats (.wav, .au, .snd, .aiff to name a few) or record directly into the RealAudio Encoder using an microphone.
This is what the window in the RealPlayer G2 will look like when you select "New" from the "Edit" window:
3. Create the HTML file and the meta file. The meta file (with the ".ram" extension) connects the HTML file to the RealAudio file.
RealAudio Sound file (test.ra) <<------>> Meta file (test.ram) <<------>> HTML page (test.html)
Perhaps the easiest way to work with these files is to have them in the same directory.
This is what the hyperlink would look like in your document to the .ram file:<<a
The .ram file only contains the location of the audio file, again in the same directory. No other html tags; nothing! It would look like this:
5. Upload your .html document, audio file, and the .ram file to your Web server.
- RealAudio Server vs. HTTP server
6. Test your pages and audio online.