(6) Creating Learning Web Pages
Randall S. Davis
English Language Institute
University of Utah
1. How to Create Online Interactive Pages
2. Self-study Quizzes and Exercises
2. Program/Web Site introductions
Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab
- Multiple-choice Questions: [Example 1 | Example 2]
Quizzes created using a radio-button format with Java Script. Students select their answers and then the scripting scores the quiz immediately. Good for self-access learning.
- Clozed Exercises: [Example 1 | Example 2 ]
Another quiz format for fill-in-the-blank exercises. Automated scoring via Java Scripting.
- Question/Answer Audio Mailbox: [Examples]
Students send questions on language and culture by e-mail, and the instructor can create a RealAudio response.
- Summarizing Main Ideas: [Example 1 | Example 2]: Students listen to a story and then summarize what they heard by filling out a form online. The results are then sent to the instructor.
- Open Completion Exercise: [Example 1]
Students provided open-ended answers to questions based on a listening passage.