[Quiz Script | Text Completion Quiz]
|I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]|
Imagine that you have won a large sum of money in a contest. Some of it you decide to spend, but you also want to invest a part for your financial future and retirement. Name several different ways of investing your money which is to be used in 15 years. Rank these methods according to level or risk.
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
1. Listen to the news report by pressing the "Play" button and answer the questions. Press the "Final Score" button to check your quiz.
2. Listen to the conversation again as you read the Quiz Script.
3. Read the Text Completion Quiz.
|III. Post-Listening Exercises [Top]
- Use the Internet to search for information on investment strategies. According to what you read, what would be the best way to invest your money for these time periods: six months, two years, 10 years, 30 years? How does this compare to what you heard in the quiz above.
- Take the role of an investment consultant and create a 2- to 3- minute news program in response to the quiz, adding your own opinion and advice.